6.23.2009

Refreshing Cucumber Salad

What could be more refreshing than a cool cucumber salad on a hot summer day? I've been getting tons of fruits and vegetables at Reading Terminal Market here in Philadelphia, but when I picked up some cucumbers, I wasn't really sure what to do with them. What better to do then create another quick, easy recipe?! So, this is what I ended up with and it was very tasty and satisfying. Plus, I've been trying to lighten up a bit after eating all those Vegan Treats last week ;)



Cucumber Salad

2 large cucumbers, cut into 1/2" cubes
1/2 small onion, diced
1 TBS olive oil
2 TBS nutritional yeast
1 TBS lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate for two hours to allow cucumbers to marinate.

Tip: Use within 3 days of making as cucumbers will begin to get soggy after that.

Okay, well I better get back to putting my ecookbook together. It will be here on July 1st! Exciting!! After that I can begin posting more recipes I've been compiling for all of you ;)

Don't miss another post! Subscribe to Eating Consciously by Email

I'm on Facebook too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions/comments/concerns?

Propaganda propelled by a gay vegan.