10.03.2008

Ten days later... Tofu Tip #1

Sorry for the ten-day hiatus. You know how it goes when you're trying to juggle your academic, professional, and online lives right? Anyway, as I promised, I will give you ten tips for tackling tofu. Here's tip number one:

Blend it!

That's right, tofu is no stranger to the food processor in my house. You can substitute a food processor with a blender. There are actually quite a few things you can make by blending tofu, which I will show you as we move throughout our tips. The most basic thing to make is a vegan ricotta cheese that can be used as a topping, in lasagnas, to stuff eggplant, and I'm sure you will find many other uses for this delicious "cheese". I'm sure I have showed you how to make this as part of other recipes I have posted in the past, but it's so versatile and simple, I figured this would be a nice entryway into tackling tofu.

Watch how easy it is to make.

Vegan Ricotta Cheese

1 block extra-firm tofu
1/4 cup soymilk
1/2 tsp lemon juice
fresh cracked black pepper
salt to taste

Put all ingredients into food processor.



Blend until it resembles ricotta cheese, about 10 seconds.



Ta-dah!

How easy was that? Stay tuned for tofu tip #2 to come soon. Also, don't forget that Eating Consciously now has a podcast out on iTunes, which you should check out and a YouTube page that's pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions/comments/concerns?

Propaganda propelled by a gay vegan.