Ten days later... Tofu Tip #1

Sorry for the ten-day hiatus. You know how it goes when you're trying to juggle your academic, professional, and online lives right? Anyway, as I promised, I will give you ten tips for tackling tofu. Here's tip number one:

Blend it!

That's right, tofu is no stranger to the food processor in my house. You can substitute a food processor with a blender. There are actually quite a few things you can make by blending tofu, which I will show you as we move throughout our tips. The most basic thing to make is a vegan ricotta cheese that can be used as a topping, in lasagnas, to stuff eggplant, and I'm sure you will find many other uses for this delicious "cheese". I'm sure I have showed you how to make this as part of other recipes I have posted in the past, but it's so versatile and simple, I figured this would be a nice entryway into tackling tofu.

Watch how easy it is to make.

Vegan Ricotta Cheese

1 block extra-firm tofu
1/4 cup soymilk
1/2 tsp lemon juice
fresh cracked black pepper
salt to taste

Put all ingredients into food processor.

Blend until it resembles ricotta cheese, about 10 seconds.


How easy was that? Stay tuned for tofu tip #2 to come soon. Also, don't forget that Eating Consciously now has a podcast out on iTunes, which you should check out and a YouTube page that's pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Propaganda propelled by a gay vegan.