6.15.2009

Vegan Treats!

Although I have heard many tales about the infamous vegan bakery called, Vegan Treats, I have never actually visited the place. Why not? What was stopping me? They are only a mere 50 miles from Philadelphia. So, I decided it was time to drop in.

Was I glad I did!! ;) This place is like a vegan paradise. Who knew there was a full-blown bakery complete with French pastries, cheesecakes, doughnuts, and soft-serve soy cream?! The prices are extremely reasonable and the treats are just to die for. Literally.

If you haven't visited Vegan Treats, I encourage you to do so ASAP. They also deliver to many locations from NYC to DC. Check out their latest menu, you will be truly astonished. The most common response from non-vegans is, "this is really vegan?!" Yes, it is really vegan and as us vegans know, there is no need for animal flesh and secretions to make sinfully delicious goodies.

I must say, I stocked up during my visit and I admit I lived strictly off of sweets for over 24 hours. For those of you unlucky enough to not be in the area, I'll give you a virtual tour...







Here's a sampling of the things I enjoyed...


Cookies and Cream Doughnut





S'mores Cheesecake





Coconut Bun





Cherry Cheesecake





Sticky Bun





Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Brownie





Hazelnut Praline





Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake





Remember, you don't have to be a French pastry chef to make delicious treats at home. If you're interested in vegan baking for yourself, there are two books I highly recommend. My Sweet Vegan and The Joy of Vegan Baking. There are many, many others, but those just happen to be two of my personal favorites.

I'll be back soon with recipes! Also, don't forget that my ecookbook, Ready, Set, Go Vegan, is due to be here on July 1st!

Don't miss another post! Subscribe to Eating Consciously by Email

I'm on Facebook too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions/comments/concerns?

Propaganda propelled by a gay vegan.