5.28.2009

Stuffed Peppers

Sorry to leave you guys hanging for so long! I haven't been posting a lot lately because between getting the ebook together, starting summer courses, and being active for animals, it has left me little time to post. Have no fear though, I have been steadily compiling recipes for your cooking pleasures and I just have to put them up here. You know I will never stop blogging and posting recipes for all of you ;) Originally, I was going to give you a grilled cheese and tomato soup recipe, but I'm still uploading the videos for it. In the meantime, I'll leave you with a simple recipe that's sure to satisfy even the meatiest of cravings!

Stuffed Peppers



2 C cooked brown rice
1 roll vegan sausage
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 TBS nutritional yeast
2 TBS olive oil
2 TBS tamari
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
3 bell peppers, cut in half and seeds removed
1 can tomato sauce

In a large bowl, combine rice, sausage, onion, garlic, nutritional yeast, olive oil, tamari, salt, and pepper with your hands until thoroughly combined. Divide mixture evenly among the six pepper halves and stuff them well. Place halves into a baking pan and pour tomato sauce evenly over the tops (the picture shows them before the sauce was added.) Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for several minutes before serving.

I wanted to leave you with a picture of me from a recent circus protest to prove to you how busy I've been lately ;)



Also, if you missed it, head on over to ABC.com to watch the new tv series, The Goode Family. It's free and you can see the full episodes. It's a new show about an environmentally-friendly, VEGAN family! Wow, veganism is finally getting the attention it deserves, even if it is in the form of a stereo-type laden cartoon comedy.

Well, that's all I got for now. More recipes and other fun stuff coming soon!!

Subscribe to Eating Consciously by Email




I'm on Facebook too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions/comments/concerns?

Propaganda propelled by a gay vegan.