3.21.2008

I'm still here, really!

I know I haven't been keeping up with posting new blogs as frequently as I would like, but I am definitely still committed to advocating veganism and reading all comments I have been receiving. I think I had mentioned a little while back about starting a cafe and wellness center. Well, while that is still in the works, my business partner and I have been focusing our energy on a vegan baking company. It's official, we formed an LLC and are almost ready to go into production. I present to you, Conscious Confections "Shameless Sweets", here is our mission statement:

"Our mission is to produce the most delicious confections possible, while assuring they are truly shameless by upholding the highest standards that respect the quality of life for all earth's inhabitants. We are committed to using the healthiest and most sustainable ingredients that do not include those that are derived from our fellow earthlings, the animals. We refuse to choose taste over nutritional value, because we believe the two can coexist to create tremendous synergy. We are also deeply dedicated to supporting and providing programs that educate and stimulate our consumers."

How does that sound? Initially, we are going to provide goods to local cafes here in Philadelphia, but plan to quickly expand to internet sales and will hopefully be able to provide to all of you! Keep an eye on our website www.shamelesssweets.com, which should at least have a splash page up very soon. Well, I believe that's all I have to offer at this point. Also, if you're in Philly (I know there's at least one of you, who saw me at Mr.Martino's) send me an email at eatingconsciously@gmail.com if you're interested in attending one of the Wellness Workshops my business partner and I are facilitating.

I'll leave you with a delicious recipe for Carrot Gingerbread Muffins (my favorite, moist and delicious). Packed with omega 3 fatty acids and very low in sugar!!!

3 TBS milled flax seeds
1/2 c water
2/3 c canola oil
2 c grated carrots
1 c shredded coconut
1 c rolled oats
1/2 c golden raisins
1/2 c chopped walnuts
1 1/3 c whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 c sugar
1/4 c molasses
1/4 c apple sauce
1/4 c soy milk
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp salt

Whisk together flax seeds and water until thick and creamy. Add canola oil, carrots, coconut, oats, raisins, walnuts, molasses, apple sauce, and soymilk. In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, ginger and salt. Add wet to dry and combine.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. sounds good! how long and at what temp do you bake them at? :)

    ReplyDelete

Questions/comments/concerns?

Propaganda propelled by a gay vegan.