6.21.2008

Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies

I've been baking a lot lately, which is odd because it's summer time, but I'm trying tweak cookie recipes to make them as healthy as possible while still tasting great. I came up with this chocolate chip cookie recipe that came out really well. I decided I wanted BIG cookies, like the ones you get in the cafe. I used 1/3 C measuring cup as the scoop and only ended up with 6 cookies, but they were delicious!



The recipe:

1 TBS flax
1/4 C soy milk
1/2 C canola
2/3 C sugar
1 tsp molasses
1 tsp vanilla
1 C whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 C whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 C chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Whisk together flax seeds and soy milk until foamy. Mix in oil, sugar, molasses, and vanilla until combined. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add wet to dry and combine thoroughly. Mix in chocolate chips. Scoop on to a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.



In other news, I just recently found out that I have been accepted to intern with Vegetarian Resource Group! I will be writing articles and recipes for the journal and email newsletter, possibly doing interviews with local media, and attending vegan events all around the country. Well, at least the east coast. The first event I will be attending is coming up August 14-18 and it's the Animal Rights Conference in Washington, DC. There will be over 90 speakers from around the world giving lectures, showing videos, and leading demonstrations! Of course there will be lots of great vegan food!

Don't worry about being left out if you can't make it down, I plan on bringing my MacBook along so I can chronicle the entire 5 days here on my blog. I guess that's all for now, but check back for a great avocado, tomato bruschetta recipe coming soon. Oh, and it's only 5 more posts until my 100th post!! I can't it's been this long already. I'm going to plan a little something special, but I'm not sure yet. It will be a surprise ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions/comments/concerns?

Propaganda propelled by a gay vegan.