6.04.2008

Immune enhancing miso soup!

Okay, so I woke up this morning with a sore throat and some mild coughing. I'm probably getting sick because I don't consume enough animal protein, right? Honestly, I can't even remember the last time I was sick. I assume my body is under attack by some type of bug, but I have the perfect remedy. I have used this soup in the past to help build up my immune system and fight off anything that may be trying to infiltrate my system. It's my take on miso soup that is full of ingredients that will help your body combat sickness including raw garlic, fresh ginger, and miso. The raw garlic acts as a natural antibiotic, while the fresh ginger helps to break up mucus. The fermented miso gives a great boost to the immune system.

Immune Enhancing Miso Soup

1/2 C miso
1/4 C dried seaweed
1/2 block tofu (cubed)
12 C water
3 TBS freshly grated ginger
6-8 cloves garlic minced
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 C lemon juice
Salt and pepper (to taste)

In a pot, bring the water, miso, seaweed, and tofu to a simmer. Throw in the ginger, garlic, cayenne, and lemon juice and shut of the heat. This will help to protect the antibiotic properties of the garlic and the decongestant properties of the ginger. Let everything sit for about 5 minutes and serve.

Tip: Feel free to add more garlic and ginger if you wish. In the past, I have also added ingredients such as kale, dandelion greens, and bok choy. Also, if you have any rice wine on hand you can add a tablespoon or two for another depth of flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions/comments/concerns?

Propaganda propelled by a gay vegan.