9.02.2009

Linguine alla Puttanesca

It's time for another recipe! I'm finally winding down with projects here as I savor the last few days of summer and take a deep breath to prepare for the upcoming school semester. All of my recipes are quick and easy, but lately the focus on quick has been vitally important for me as time has been of the essence.

This mixture of classic Italian ingredients is one that everyone will enjoy. It can be served hot or cold, so you can take your leftovers for lunch the next day. So simple, yet so satisfying.

Linguine alla Puttanesca


1/2 lb (usually 1/2 a bag) of whole wheat linguine, cooked
2 TBS olive oil
1 onion, diced
3-5 cloves garlic, minced
1 pint grape tomatoes
1/4 C sun-dried tomatoes, cut into 1/4 inch strips
1/2 C Kalamata olives, roughly chopped
1 C frozen spinach
1/2 block extra firm tofu, crumbled
2 TBS nutritional yeast
1 TBS lemon juice
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried red pepper, crushed (optional)
1/2 tsp black pepper, ground
1/2 tsp salt

In a saucepan over medium heat, cook the oil, onion, garlic, grape tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, and olives until onions begin to turn translucent. Add the frozen spinach and crumbled tofu and heat for several more minutes until everything is hot. Add the nutritional yeast, lemon juice, oregano, red pepper, black pepper and salt. Add cooked pasta and toss with ingredients until everything is evenly distributed. Serve hot or cold.

Serves 2-4.




I know I have mentioned this in the past, but I encourage all of you who enjoy reading my recipes to also subscribe to my Examiner page via email as I have been writing many articles concerning my more philosophical views and news on animal rights and veganism. You can also get to my Examiner page by just visiting www.veganexaminer.com

Speaking of expressing my views on subjects other than cooking, I've also been voicing my opinions and talking with other high-regarded individuals in the animal rights movement on my podcast. You can subscribe easily to my podcast via iTunes. Please check out the latest episode with a fantastic interview with author and psychologist, Melanie Joy, Ph.D.

I am half way through reading Melanie's latest book to be released January 1st, Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs, and Wear Cows: An Introduction to Carnism, which you can pre-order here. It's a great book, especially for those of us still consuming animal products as it questions the root of why we do what we do.

Also, don't forget to check me out elsewhere online, like www.veganfacebook.com, www.vegantwitter.com, and www.veganyoutube.com.

Be back soon with more great recipes! Right now I'm working on a special autumn dessert ;)

Don't miss another post! Subscribe to Eating Consciously by Email

I'm on Facebook too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions/comments/concerns?

Propaganda propelled by a gay vegan.