10.31.2008

Pumpkin Bread Pudding

Spooky! Well, not really, but I figured it should be for Halloween. Feel free to throw some fake spiders on top! I used to think bread pudding sounded absolutely disgusting until I actually tried it. It's really the best dessert ever. Spongy, creamy, and sweet! I happened to have a pack of whole wheat hamburger buns in the freezer and those worked really well in this. I think hot dog rolls would work equally as well, but you can certainly use plain old bread. If you have never had it, or are already a bread pudding fan, you won't be able to stop eating this one. I'm serious! Try it!!



PUMPKIN BREAD PUDDING

4 hamburger rolls (I use whole wheat.)
1 TBS earth balance
1/2 C currants
1/2 C canned pumpkin puree
2 C soymilk (any non dairy milk will do)
1/2 C sugar
1/4 C brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
sprinkle of ground cloves
1/2 vanilla bean (1 tsp of vanilla extract will do just fine)
2 TBS maple syrup

Smear the earth balance around inside of a bundt pan, or a 9" square pan. Break up the bread into fairly large pieces and distribute evenly in pan. Sprinkle the currants on top. In a bowl, mix together the pumpkin, soymilk, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and vanilla. Pour over the bread and push down the pieces to make sure there are no dry spots. Place into a 350 degree oven for 45-50 minutes. Top should be golden brown. Allow to cool slightly and loosen edges with a knife if using a bundt pan. If using a regular pan, you can leave the pudding in the pan. If using a bundt pan, turn out onto a plate. Drizzle the top with the maple syrup and it will be soaked into the pudding. Serve warm or cold.

**Tip: Substitute with 8 slices of regular sliced bread if you're short on hamburger rolls, hot dog rolls would work equally as well.

I know I have been a bit infrequent with my postings, but I have been quite a busy bee lately. I have some exciting stuff coming out soon that I'll share with everyone in the near future. I really should be getting another podcast episode out shortly.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions/comments/concerns?

Propaganda propelled by a gay vegan.