1 acorn squash (halved and cleaned)
1 small pumpkin (halved and cleaned)
2 C spinach (always choose organic spinach)
1 C dry quinoa
2 tsp sage (ground or fresh) + few leaves of fresh for garnish
2 tbs olive oil + extra for drizzling
2 C water
salt and pepper to taste
1) Drizzle squash and pumpkin halves with olive oil and sprinkle with 1 tsp of sage. Cover with foil to seal in moisture. Place in 350 degree oven and cook until soft. When cooked, allow to cool to room temperature.
2) Scoop out flesh from pumpkin and place in bowl. Set aside.
3) Boil water, olive oil, and sage. Add quinoa and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until water has been absorbed. While quinoa is still very hot, add spinach and allow to sit for several minutes (spinach will cook from heat of quinoa).
4) Add quinoa to pumpkin and mix until well combined. Add any salt and pepper.
5) Stuff acorn squash halves with quinoa mixture. Garnish with fresh sage leaves. Serve.