5.13.2008

Roasted Tofu and Brussels Sprouts

I know, it's been 11 days since my last post! I apologize, but I've been extremely busy with finals and my new internship. My internship is at a nursing home of all places and you would be mortified to see the stuff they feed these people. Fried foods, pizza, burgers, veal, jello with cool-whip, and anything else you can imagine that would be detrimental to your health. I'm sure this is thanks to government subsidies, but enough with my rant on that.

Since I've been running low on time, I really need some quick, delicious meals when I get home late at night. The less clean up, the better obviously. Here's a spectacular dish that incorporates everyone's favorite food, Brussels Sprouts! Okay, that was obviously sarcastic, but seriously, these brussels sprouts are amazing. If you think you don't like them, try them roasted, they take on an artichoke-type texture. If you really don't like them, use broccoli.

To keep this recipe as quick as possible, I use frozen, petite brussels sprouts. If you cannot find them, use regular sized ones and maybe consider cutting them in half.

So here it goes:

Roasted Tofu and Brussels Sprouts

Brussels Sprouts

2 cups brussels sprouts
1 block extra firm tofu (cubed)
4 oz whole wheat pasta (1/2 box)
5 cloves garlic (minced or crushed)
1 tbs lemon juice
2 tbs olive oil (be as liberal, or cut back as much as you like)
salt and pepper (to taste)

On a baking sheet, place the brussels sprouts and tofu cubes, put them into a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the tofu and brussels sprouts begin to brown. Cook the pasta. In a large pan, over low heat add the oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper and just allow the garlic to infuse the oil for 5 minutes or so. When they're ready, remove the brussels sprouts and tofu and add them to the oil. Add the pasta as well. Stir to combine and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions/comments/concerns?

Propaganda propelled by a gay vegan.