6.15.2008

Monster Vegan Sandwich!

I can hardly believe it's been a little over a week since my last post. I do apologize for that, but I am currently in the middle of an internship and a therapeutic nutrition class that's supposed to be 15 weeks but is crammed into an 8 week session! The other day on my way home from interning before I had work, I was really craving a big sandwich. Of course I decided to hit up the grocery store on the way home to pick up some ingredients to fulfill my yearning. A 2 foot long country wheat roll, an avocado, a tomato, spinach and some tempeh did the trick. When I got home, I immediately sliced open that huge piece of bread. I spread on some stone ground mustard and began layering the ingredients.

Tomatoes, avocados, onions, salt, pepper, tempeh...



Spinach...



Then it wasn't easy getting this thing shut, but I did. Remember, this is only HALF of that sandwich!



I shared the other half with my partner and afterwards we headed off to Govinda's for some vegan ice cream. I had creamsicle, YUM. Next time I'll have to take a picture of the ice cream to show you!

Look forward to more summer inspired recipes from me as this heat pushes on here in Philadelphia. I'm planning a vegan BBQ with some family and friends on July 4th, so I'll definitely be sure and post the recipes for that. Here's what some ideas I started to come up with.

Grilled Peas in the Pod (edamame inspired)
Mango Coconut Grilled Tempeh
Grilled Tofu Kabobs
BBQ Seitan

and let's not forget the most important part, STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE!!!

Stay cool if it's hot in your neck of the woods and I'll try and update a bit more frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions/comments/concerns?

Propaganda propelled by a gay vegan.