4.21.2009

Easy vegan chocolate icing to celebrate!

I know I've been slacking on the posts a bit, but rest assured I am working on some really awesome stuff for you guys ;) I would like to make a very special announcement about something I am really proud of. Today marks a milestone in the world of Eating Consciously as this blog has finally hit 100 subscribers!

It was only a few months ago that we had merely about a dozen people signed up, so this is really amazing to see so many new readers in such a short amount of time. I want to thank everyone who has been around since the beginning of Eating Consciously, a little over a year ago, and also want to extend a warm welcome to all the new subscribers and those that have yet to come!

It really encourages me to continue with the work that I am doing here, knowing that it's having a direct impact on your lives and the lives of countless animals. So, not only should this be a celebration for myself and the blog, but a celebration for all of us and the progress we are making in advocating a vegan lifestyle.

Well enough with the "lovefest" here. Let's move on to a new recipe. I recently came up with an easy recipe for vegan chocolate icing. Check it out.

Chocolate Icing

1/4 C earth balance (melted)
1/4 C agave nectar
1/4 C cocoa powder

Mix the above ingredients together. This can be used while still warm to pour over cupcakes, which will give you a spectacular glassy finish, like the ones pictured below. You can also pop it in the fridge for about 2 hours and spread it on like regular icing, for a more traditional look.



I used the icing to top these chocolate cherry cupcakes and even threw a dried cherry in the center to make them extra fancy!

I think this recipe will probably end up in my new ebook that is set to be released on July 1st! It's going to be called, Ready, Set, Go Vegan! and will feature 25 recipes that will include both current favorites from the blog and also include some brand new recipes! My testers have been busy experimenting with recipes and so far the recipes are getting thumbs up all around!

As many of you know, I am terrible at keeping secrets, so I must tell you I'm keeping one right now. Just know that there will be an exciting giveaway sometime in the very near future. Okay, I better sign off before I divulge any more information ;) Be sure and subscribe below so you don't miss out on the giveaway! More recipes coming soon!

Subscribe to Eating Consciously by Email




I'm on Facebook too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions/comments/concerns?

Propaganda propelled by a gay vegan.