7.11.2009

Animal Rights Conference and grilled cheese.

The five winners of Ready, Set, Go Vegan! have been chosen! If you won, you have already received an email from me. Congratulations on winning the ecookbook ;)

I'm not sure I have mentioned it yet, but if you missed the banner on the sidebar, I'm going to the Animal Rights Conference in Los Angeles next week. I will be there from the 16-20. This is the second year I've attended and it's such a great place to meet other vegans from around the country and hear about various topics of interest in the animal rights movement.

That being said, I've decided to bring my MacBook along for the trip, which means you will get a virtual recap from me daily... eh, maybe every other day ;) I will also take my video camera along for the haul and I can now publish videos to YouTube from my phone, so I should be able to keep you occupied while I'm away. As always, I'm sure I'll be Twittering away. In fact, if you're not already following me on Twitter, you really should because I update it way too often.

I know I keep promising new recipes, but with this unexpected Advanced Nutritional Physiology summer course I had to take and mounting deadlines for projects, I must say that I haven't been experimenting as much in the kitchen. Fortunately, I will have a tiny break from classes during August, so hopefully I'll start whipping up new recipes galore! I do have some recipes I've been holding on to, but it takes time to type them up and get them on here. Be patient!

Actually, I did come up with a new recipe the other day that is a good reflection of how busy I've been lately. I'm not even sure this counts as a recipe, but I'll give it to you anyway. It was super quick and made me happy ;)

Vegan Grilled Cheese

2 slices whole wheat bread
2 slices vegan cheddar cheese
2 tsp Earth Balance

Put 1 tsp of Earth Balance on each slice of bread. Assemble the sandwich with the dry sides of the bread facing inward. Put into a hot pan over med-high heat on one side for one minute. Flip and cook for an additional minute. Slice horizontally. Serve.

Makes one sandwich.

Here's a video of the procedure for your enjoyment:




Don't miss another post! Subscribe to Eating Consciously by Email

I'm on Facebook too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions/comments/concerns?

Propaganda propelled by a gay vegan.