11.06.2009

GRID magazine feature, vegan videos, and Chenoa Manor!

It's official! This school term is more than half over and I should be able to breathe a little easier come mid-December. In the meantime, I didn't want you to have to wait too long for another post. So, here it is!

I was recently featured in the November issue of GRID, a sustainable magazine here in Philadelphia. I wrote about how to cook dried beans and gave a recipe for some spicy Black Bean and Quinoa Chili. Perfect to warm you up on these cold Autumn days! You can go to their website and check out the latest issue now. I'm on page 10.

While you're there, don't miss the Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake from my friend and fellow Philadelphia vegan blogger, Dynise Balcavage. She's on page 25. You may remember my interview with Dynise, A.K.A. Urban Vegan, a few months back. In case you haven't picked it up yet, her new cookbook is finally out too!

If you're more visually inclined, you might be interested in checking out some of the latest videos I've favorited on my YouTube channel, which I know you all subscribe to, right? The first video is titled, Inherent Violence, and is just one of several vodcasts that Colleen Patrick-Goudreau has recently started producing. She's one of my favorite vegan advocates, in fact, she is the person who convinced me to go vegan two years ago!



This second video is one that was recently recorded at the UniverSoul circus that is here in Philadelphia for the next couple of weeks. The civil affairs officers are so ridiculous towards animal advocates, they now have a YouTube channel all their own!



And finally, I wanted to share a recent article published in the Philadelphia Inquirer about my favorite sanctuary, Chenoa Manor. I personally spend lots of time there and have gotten to know many of the animals by name. Chenoa Manor doesn't have a huge budget, relying mostly on the income of Executive Director Dr. Rob Teti that he earns from being a veterinarian. I'm going to interview Rob on an upcoming Eating Consciously Podcast episode in the near future.

Currently, Chenoa Manor needs to raise nearly $200,000 to rebuild a historic barn on the property. You can donate on their website and every little bit helps. If you could make a contribution, no matter how small, it would mean a lot to me and make a world of difference for the animals that call Chenoa Manor home.

I'll leave you with that for today. Soon, I'll begin making plans for Thanksgiving and share the recipes and ideas with all of you. Until then...

Don't miss another post! Subscribe to Eating Consciously by Email

Find me elsewhere...

www.veganfacebook.com
www.vegantwitter.com
www.veganexaminer.com
www.veganyoutube.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions/comments/concerns?

Propaganda propelled by a gay vegan.