7.18.2009

Animal Rights Conference Update

I know I promised virtual blogging from the Animals Rights Conference 2009, which I've been at since Thursday, but unfortunately, the "high-speed" internet they offer is anything but high-speed. That being said, I have been having a great time and I'm meeting lots of awesome people doing amazing work on behalf of animals.

I plan to share all of this exciting information with all of you as soon as I get back home next Thursday and get settled in. I plan to do some great interviews on the Eating Consciously Podcast and blog about lots of interesting interesting people and things. I can't wait to share all of this exciting information with you. It's a shame the internet is so crappy here, but it does give me more time to investigate and gather information to share here ;)

In the meantime, here are a few highlights I've come across so far:


I'm Vegan


I'm Vegan presents an array of video clips showcasing "normal" vegans from around the world to show others that we're not just a bunch of tofu-eating hippies. Eric Prescott has conducted interviews from all around the country and plans to put the documentary up online in short clips that can easily be shared via Twitter, Facebook, and other social networking sites. Nothing has been officially released yet, but stay tuned to vegandocumentary.com and follow ImVegan on Twitter for information about the film.

Fowl Play

An eye-opening documentary by Mercy For Animals uncovering the horrors of the egg-laying industry. It is now available on DVD and is expected to screen at film festivals in the near future. Check out their website for more info.


I thought I'd leave with a video I took of an amazing dog, named Anne Marie, who was rescued in Romania after being found on the side of the road. She was rescued by Romanian Animal Rescue. She was found as a puppy and is believed to have been hit by a bus and left for dead. She's truly an inspiration to us all.



Don't miss another post! Subscribe to Eating Consciously by Email

I'm on Facebook too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions/comments/concerns?

Propaganda propelled by a gay vegan.