4.12.2009

Lentil Tomato Soup

I must admit, I'm not a big soup eater. I enjoy the occasional soup every now and again and one of my favorite meals happens to be my "Chicken" Noodle Soup, but beyond that, I don't enjoy them often. I know there are a TON of soup lovers out there and I was inspired recently by a post over at Eat Air, where they made a different soup everyday for an entire week! So, I got my creative juices flowing and whipped up this soup the other night. For someone who is not a soup fanatic, I must say this one was awfully delicious!

Lentil Tomato Soup

1 onion, diced
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 TBS olive oil
1 can diced tomatoes
1 C green lentils
2 tsp salt
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp paprika
1 head kale, chopped
6 C water
2 vegan vegetable bouillon cubes

In a large pot, heat the onions, garlic, and oil over medium heat until onions turn translucent. Add tomatoes, lentils, and spices, stirring frequently until lentils begin to brown slightly. Add the chopped kale and cook for several minutes until it begins to wilt. Add the water and bouillon cubes and bring to a boil. Turn heat on med-low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes before serving.



Here are some other yummy vegan soup recipes I've come across recently:

Gumbo Z'Herbes- What the hell does a vegan eat anyway?
Creamy Corn Soup- Vegan Dad
Wonton Soup- Vegan Yum Yum
Roasted Red Pepper Soup- Bittersweet
Insanely Thick and Comforting Squash Soup- Urban Vegan

As always, subscribe below to get emailed when the next post goes up!


Subscribe to Eating Consciously by Email




I'm on Facebook too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions/comments/concerns?

Propaganda propelled by a gay vegan.