3 large pears (cut into 1/2" cubes)
4-5 stalks of rhubarb
1/4 cup black currants
1/4 cup agave nectar
sugar for sprinkling
dash of cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger
fillo dough (the fillo factory makes it vegan in whole wheat and regular, both organic)
1) Over low-medium heat, cook rhubarb, pear, and currants with agave nectar and spices until softened.
2) Place in bowl, put in fridge to chill. (Very important for fillo)
3) Allow frozen fillo to thaw for 24 hours in fridge. Layer 4 sheets on a flat surface, brushing each sheet with canola oil in between layers. Cut into 6" squares and trim off edges to make circular (does not have to be perfect).
4) When chilled, put about 2 tbs of filling into center of circles, allowing plenty of room around edges. Brush exposed edges around filling with more canola oil.
5) Bring edges together at top, to form a purse shape. To hold, use a small piece of flexible wire that can later be removed after baking, or use an edible tie you can think of such as an herb stem (then you can leave it on).
6) Sprinkle pouches with cinnamon and sugar and place into a 350 degree oven until golden brown. Serve.