12.16.2008

a yummy pizza idea!

A yummy pizza idea and a quick and tasty dinner indeed! I used to always make my own whole grain pizza dough, as it is simple and easy to do. Although, as my time become more and more valuable, I am becoming more keen on the idea of using store-bought, organic, whole wheat crusts, which are relatively easy to find. They normally come in packs of two, so I just put the extra one in the freezer, which works well because a can of sauce can be split between two pizzas. The possibilities are endless, but this just happens to be one I whipped up the other night that was relatively delicious!



Tomato and Spinach Pizza

one pizza crust (hand made, or store-bought)
1/2 can pizza sauce (prepare your own, or use store-bought)
1 tomato (sliced)
1 C raw spinach (can also substitute frozen)
1/2 C sun dried tomatoes (cut into small strips)
1 batch vegan ricotta

Start with the crust and spread the sauce evenly on top. Next, coat evenly with the spinach and sun dried tomatoes. Then, add another layer of the fresh sliced tomatoes. Finally, top with dollops of the vegan ricotta. Pop into a 450 degree oven, preferrably on a pizza stone, but a pan works fine and I have also put in right onto the rack for a crisper crust. With that method you want to put a pan underneath to catch any drippings. Let bake for 10 minutes and your done!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, pizza is always awesome!
    I'm starting to follow you also here (I'm a follower at twitter). Take a look at my blog when you have the chance ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Questions/comments/concerns?

Propaganda propelled by a gay vegan.