12.22.2008

Xmas is on it's way...

...and I have yet to barely think about what I'm making!!! Right now, all I know for sure is that I'm doing roasted red potatoes with rosemary, field roast, macaroons, and cookies! I still need to think about making a few more side-dishy type things. I'll get back to you soon and let you know what the final outcome is.

In other news, everyone at the cafe I manage got me a gift for xmas. They adopted two turkeys from Farm Sanctuary for me, Echo and Phoenix! You too can adopt a turkey by going to www.adoptaturkey.org. Farm Sanctuary is a great organization and facility doing A LOT of good for the animals! I just won tickets at the Humane League of Philadelphia's fundraiser holiday event to stay for a weekend this summer. I can't wait!!





Here's a photo of Echo...




and Phoenix



Thanks Amy, Rebecca and Leslie!!!

Should have a new podcast out soon, I swear! Also, if you're on twitter please vote for me in the Shorty Awards for the food category. We need a vegan to represent at the acceptance ceremony, where I'll have the opportunity to speak for the animals in only 140 characters? What should I say when I win??

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I don't know how anyone could think that turkeys are ugly, especially based on those adorable pictures! Congrats on the adoption, it's such a great cause. :)

    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Questions/comments/concerns?

Propaganda propelled by a gay vegan.