7.05.2008

A vegan BBQ!!!

Yesterday was our first annual vegan BBQ, consisting of 5 vegans (including 2 dogs), one semi-vegetarian (mom), and one omni (dad). The result? Well, I think we have definitely debunked the myth that you need meat to have a BBQ! That's right, we enjoyed great food, drinks, swimming and sunshine all without the exploitation of animals. Amazing, isn't it?! I haven't gotten the chance to type up my recipes for everything yet, but I will eventually as I accumulate more free time towards the end of this month. In the meantime, if there are any recipes you need to have now, let me know and I'll be sure and get them up for you ASAP! Sorry for the break between posts, but my summer class and internship are wrapping up over the next two weeks so I'm sure to be busy! Enjoy the pics!

The food is all set to go!

Who says Chihuahuas can't swim?

Pineapple-Mango-Coconut Tofu Kabobs!

Veggie burgers and BBQ seitan!

Mac and cheese with a bread crumb topping!

Buffalo seitan!

Potato salad!

Yeah, I totally ate all that and no, the Budweiser is not mine! The watermelon-basil margarita is though!

Too much fun in the sun...

...wears these pups out!

Of course we all saved room for dessert, dirt pudding, strawberry shortcake, fresh berries and pineapple!



What a better way to spend the 4th of July BBQ holiday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions/comments/concerns?

Propaganda propelled by a gay vegan.