So, there's this thing going around on Facebook where everyone posts 25 random things about themselves. I don't usually take part in these kind of chain things, but I thought it would be an interesting way for you to get to know me a little better. Especially since readership has doubled in the past month or so :) Here it goes:
1. I live with two feisty chihuahuas named Chico and Luna ;)
2. I grew up in the rural, farm country known as South Jersey.
3. I now live in Center City, Philadelphia with my boyfriend of 4 years.
4. I have been vegan for a little over a year now and was vegetarian for a while before that.
5. I study clinical nutrition full-time at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of NJ.
6. I got a shotgun license and went hunting when I was ten, but never killed anything :)
7. I had lots of pets as a kid- snakes, lizards, hedgehogs, rats, crows, squirrels, frogs, fish...
8. I intern with Vegetarian Resource Group writing for their journal among other things.
9. I have been a vegan blogger for over a year at www.eatingconsciously.com.
10. I also just ventured into YouTube videos and podcasts.
11. I work full-time as manager of an organic (vegan options) cafe.
12. I drive a yellow Smart car that looks like a bumble bee.
13. My bumper sticker says, "Be kind to animals don't eat them".
14. I am going to the Animal Rights Conference in LA this summer.
15. I am also going to stay at Farm Sanctuary this summer.
16. I am compiling the recipes on my blog in preparation for an upcoming cookbook!
17. I'm a big tweeter on Twitter.
18. I listen to Coast to Coast AM on a daily basis.
19. I strongly believe in the law of attraction and the power of intentions.
20. My diet consists of mainly whole foods, but I'm no stranger to mock meats and cheeses.
21. I just coordinated the first Vegan Drinks Philly event www.vegandrinksphilly.com.
22. I drink more coffee than I probably should.
23. I have a secret obsession with Martha Stewart, been to her show 5 times!
24. I think everyone should watch the documentary, Earthlings.
25. I have HUGE plans for the future :)
Subscribe to Eating Consciously by Email
I'm on Facebook too!