12.21.2008

The Urban Vegan: 250 Street-Smart, Animal-Free Recipes

Testing more recipes from the Urban Vegan's to-be-released cookbook, which should be out in late 2009. I just tried making her delicious sugar cookies. I made the cinnamon variety, but she also gives a sweet icing recipe that you can use to make them pretty if you like. I'm going to try them with the icing next time, maybe I can do them red and green for Christmas.


Fresh out of the oven! Nothing screams the holidays like hot sugar cookies :)




All plated up.




For dinner, I made her version of veal saltimbocca. Sans the veal, but with seitan instead. I will say I have never had the meat version of this dish, but it did taste uncannily meaty. It was quite delicious and I served it up with a side of pasta. Once the book comes out, you definitely have to try this recipe.


Cutlets right out of the oven.




Served with some whole wheat pasta.




Oh, and I also had these scrumptious hot wings as an appetizer, brought to me by a friend from a place in NJ called ZiZi's. Thanks Lisa! ;) It was basically seitan on a stick with hot sauce, but the seitan was the most perfect, tender consistency that couldn't have resembled chicken more if it tried. If you're in the area, you definitely have to check this place out!




I know, I know, I keep promising, but I really should have a new podcast out soon and I was finally able to get the seitan noodle soup video up for you. Are you my friend on twitter? You should be.

Be back soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions/comments/concerns?

Propaganda propelled by a gay vegan.