9.21.2008

Pumpkins. We love you, Martha.



Here in Philadelphia we have been teetering on the edge of the arrival of fall. It makes me want to cook everything pumpkin and that's exactly what I decided to do yesterday. I made pumpkin cookies, pumpkin waffles with blueberries, and pumpkin pasta. Everything was so delicious. I love pumpkins! I am going to put the pumpkin spice cookies up on my Etsy page if anyone is interested in having a taste of the season. The waffle recipe actually came form The Joy of Vegan Baking which is also available for purchase on the side of the page.

Here's the recipe I developed for the pasta:

1/2 lb of pasta (1/2 box or bag)
1/2 can pumpkin
1/2 C soy milk
1 TBS olive oil
1/4 tsp ground sage
1/4 C chopped sundried tomatoes
1/2 block tofu crumbled (optional)
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
salt to taste

Cook the pasta in some water with a bit of salt. In a saucepan on low heat, stir together the pumpkin, soy milk, oil, sage, tomatoes, tofu and pepper. Allow to heat until warm. When pasta is done, toss together. ;)



As we prepare for the season to come, I thought I'd share a festive video for everyone to enjoy. It's a clip from the new show "Whatever, Martha" which feature Martha's daughter and friend making commentary to retro Martha clips. Here's one called "Face Painting". Have a look. How can anyone not love this lady?



P.S. I have a podcast all ready to go, but I'm just having some technical difficulties with my uploading service. Everything is supposed to be worked out by tomorrow, so be sure and go to www.eatingconsciously.com and click on podcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions/comments/concerns?

Propaganda propelled by a gay vegan.