9.11.2008

I'm back!

I'm finally back from my week-long trip! I had mentioned in my last post that I was going to visit a vegan Chinese place called Veggie Heaven. I did and lunch was so good that I decided to go back and get take-out for dinner. Here's what I had:

For Lunch:

Wonton Soup



Curried "Chicken"



Strawberry "Cheesecake"



Delicious!

And for dinner:

Hunan Dumplings



Five Flavored "Chicken"



If you are ever in the North Jersey area, I recommend checking this place out!

Since I have arrived back in home in Philadelphia, I have noticed that a fall chill seems to be lingering in the air. How exciting! The arrival of the autumn season is perhaps my favorite time of year. In fact, right now I am roasting pumpkins, butternut squash, and spaghetti squash with sage. I am thinking about cutting them into cubes and serving them with quinoa or millet. I am beginning to think about what I should plan for this Thanksgiving. If you weren't around for my last Thanksgiving menu, you should check it out, it was fantastic!

I also wanted to throw out there the fact that I just had my annual blood work done. I have been completely vegan for over a year now and all of my lab results are GREAT! My cholesterol is 119, my B12 levels are fine, along with my iron and calcium. And who says a vegan diet is insufficient?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions/comments/concerns?

Propaganda propelled by a gay vegan.