12.18.2008

Testing Recipes

For my friend The Urban Vegan! If you haven't already heard, she is getting ready to publish her new cookbook, "The Urban Vegan: 250 Street-Smart, Animal-Free Recipes". We are practically neighbors, as she too lives here in Center City, Philadelphia! I'm super excited for her book release, which will be in late 2009, but even more honored to help test out the recipes for it! I have quite a few recipes to try out during the next couple of weeks, so I will be posting all of the pics and flavors of them all right here on my blog.

I started out by testing one of her fancy drink recipes, because you know I'm no stranger to alcohol, but also a fabulous diner-esque snack.

I made the spicy and flavorful spiced cider which was perfect to combat the bitter cold outside.



And I also made her version of chipped beef on shingles, sans the beef! YUM!



Here's her pic for a comparison.



So, that's all I got for now, but I am hoping to get some new videos up on my YouTube ASAP and also a new podcast before you know it! Stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions/comments/concerns?

Propaganda propelled by a gay vegan.