11.25.2008

Time for celebrations!

Without turkeys, but with an abundance of amazing food, drinks, family and friends! I don't think I'll get all my Thanksgiving recipes up before the holiday, but I will certainly get them all up eventually.

This past weekend my partner and I went up to Farm Sanctuary to celebrate Thanksgiving FOR the Birds! It was amazing. Although, the five hour trek up there made us both delirious by the time we arrived, as you can see in the video I posted to document the adventure.

For starters, my Smart got a flat tire so we had to switch cars, then we got pulled over, and finally we arrived late to the wrong location and had to back track all the way to the feast, but we luckily made it there in just the nick of time and didn't miss out on any of the festivities. The vegan potluck dinner was fun and interesting, I brought my latest obsession, my Pumpkin Bread Pudding. I swapped out the currants with cranberries. Yum!!

Finally, we headed off to Manhattan which was another five hour trek, but we did eat at a really great vegan, Korean tea house. I'll post my review along with some great pics from there really soon. I also will post a photo a special tofu turkey we will be enjoying pre-holiday tomorrow evening.

Here's the video in it's entirety, I hope you enjoy it. It was just a great opportunity to interact with the animals one on one, despite the 18 degree temperatures.



Also, here are a few good pictures from the event!







Be sure and subscribe to my YouTube video page, as I will definitely be adding some great new videos more often now that I have my new Flip!

Stay tuned for a new podcast soon too! You can just goto iTunes and search in podcast for Eating Consciously Podcast, or click here. You can also goto the feed directly if that's more your style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions/comments/concerns?

Propaganda propelled by a gay vegan.